Friday, January 20, 2017

A Familiar Face Stumbles In From The Wasteland


Whelp, I've been away from this thing for over 5 years!   I haven't done much in the way of creating terrain or converting minis during that time.  However, a few months ago I did actually get off my butt and create something, so I finally figured I should post it here.   I originally talked about this at the website Post Apoc Wargames 


So basically I built a water truck that travels the wasteland selling, well...water.

I took a 1/43 scale oil(?) truck, and I had a bin full of car/armor bits from Ramshackle. I have to say that I'm a little disappointed in the Ramshackle pieces - the batch I got is made of VERY brittle resin, and I've snapped a few pieces in two. But then again in a post-apoc world things are supposed to look broken, so I guess that's okay.




I decided to change out the thin squidly little front tires with the bulkier Ramshackle ones.  I'm not worried about the back tires - I'm going to have them partially covered with armor.







All my Post-Apoc stuff gets hit with a textured spray paint.  It helps to heighten the rusty effect.





Some basic painting and shading:





And now for the big reveal...it's a Starbucks coffee truck, not a water truck!  People will do without many things in the dystopian future, but coffee isn't one of them.












Hope you enjoy.  It was actually nice to be creating again!


9 comments:

  1. Wow! You really are a welcome blast from the past! I hope it's not abother five years until your next post though.
    Great model and I was quite surprised that it turned out to be a glorified cofee trolley ! (haha).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! This was one of those fun projects that tickled my sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Is Really Useful And Nice Information. สูตรแทงบอล
    This are such great articles. สูตรแทงบอล This articles can help you to make some new ideas.
    สูตรแทงบอล I appreciate for reading my blogs.


    ReplyDelete
  4. This are new articles style for you. สูตรแทงบอล You can find some new idea on this. สูตรแทงบอล It might help you to write or think some new idea.
    สูตรแทงบอล Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post.
    สูตรแทงบอล I am very glad for reading my articles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assam Board 12th Class Exam Question Paper/AHSEC 12th Model Paper 2022. AHSEC 12th Model Paper 2022/Assam Board Sr Secondary Class Latest Model Paper Sample Question Paper Question Paper Assam 12th Model Paper 2022 The Assam Board Class XIIth Question Paper 2022 is delivered by Assam Higher Secondary Education Council AHSEC, Assam on the AHSEC lead the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council AHSEC for class 12th for board. Students looking in the web for downloading the Assam Board 12th Model Paper 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.
    Premier League

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Blog , Thanks
    Single noble business trip massage Noble business trip massage It is a business trip massage company with no advance payment and no reservation fee in Seoul and Gyeonggi-do. Please use the website for detailed course consultation inquiries.For more at 출장마사지

    ReplyDelete